Westside Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response (updated Sunday, March 29)
With the current events surrounding the virus, we are taking several measures to reduce our exposure. All worship and bible classes are being conducted remotely and there will not be services at the building.
We will evaluate the conditions again in the weeks to come. Please continue to pray for our congregation, our leaders and care providers and that our world will turn to God at this time.
Sunday, March 29 details
Our Sunday service will be available through Zoom conferencing and on Facebook Live starting at 8:55 AM.
To participate on Zoom reach out to a member for the link
Simply download the app on your computer or your smart phone and join the meeting at 8:55. You can also just dial-in with audio only from a regular (no internet) phone. See the Zoom meeting instructions below. This technology is best used on a laptop or tablet to see the slides better, but a smart phone will work as well. When you enter the Zoom meeting you will automatically be muted. You will be able to turn on your video feed (that we all will be able to see) off or on at your discretion. But, if you are going to be moving around a lot doing your morning workout or disciplining your children, please turn off your camera.
We highly encourage you to download the app as soon as possible so that you do not have to worry or fumble with the technology in the morning. If Zoom doesn't work for you, or you are struggling with Zoom please try to view the meeting Live on our Facebook page. You will need a Facebook account. Please do one or the other, not both. If you just want to use Facebook Live, then follow the instructions from last week – remember to refresh your screen if you don’t see anything.
Our order of service will be as follows:
- 9:00-9:05 Introduction and order of service
- 9:05-9:45 Class (Jim) - (this is your only opportunity to comment/be verbally involved in the assembly. If you want to comment, in that moment only, unmute yourself, otherwise stay muted at any other time.)
- 9:45-9:55 Break (please stay connected to the Zoom meeting, take a bio break and get your Lord's Supper ready and within reach of where you are participating in the meeting)
- 9:55:-10:00 Prayer (Larry)
- 10:00-10:40 Sermon (Jim)
- 10:40-10:50 Lord’s Supper (David W.)
- 10:50-11:00 Closing announcements (DeWayne)
Wednesday bible study details
- We will not be meeting at the building for Wednesday bible study. Larry will prepare the class in audio/video format. It will be posted on the website on Wednesday for all to download along with class materials for your home bible study.
Monthly Recurring Events (all cancelled for now due to the above information):
- 1st Sunday, 1:30p - Invite someone to lunch or dinner
- 2nd Sunday, 1:30p - Sermon discussion at a member's home
- 3rd Sunday, 1:30p - Men's & women's studies at the building
- 4th Sunday, 1:30p - Monthly singing at a member's home
- 5th Sunday, 1:30p - Hour of prayer at the building